September 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM #96802SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Zenfone 6 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer OrdenKrieger and luca020400.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Many things working except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux is permissive
– Recovery broken
– Probably more
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Zenfone 6?
- Zenfon 6 stock firmware flasher
- ROM Download link OFFICIAL LineageOS 17.1
- ROM zip file Download link of Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 (twrp flashable zip file)
- ROM images Download link of Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 (twrp flashable zip file)
- Zenfone 6 TWRP Download (I01WD) for this Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 for the first time:
- Download the stock firmware flasher and flash the stock firmware file to both the slots _a and _b.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for Zenfone 6
- Wipe the data partition and Cache partition from TWRP recovery.
- Download and Copy the ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 and the LineageOS 17 GApps to your phone.
- Install the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 ROM zip file that you have copied into the phone via recovery or flash the images using fastboot.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 (I01WD):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6, then flash the GApps.
- Similarly, verify for the presence of root. If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6.
After installing the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone 6 (I01WD) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.