September 13, 2019 at 12:42 PM #96791SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer Rohanpurohit.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z?
Flashing LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z for the first time:
- Download and Copy the ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z and the LineageOS 17 GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for Zenfone 5z
- Wipe the data partition and Cache partition from TWRP recovery.
- Install the Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 ROM zip file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z (Z01R):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z, then flash the GApps.
- Similarly, verify for the presence of root. If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone 5z (Z01R) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.