Tagged: Android 10, argraur, Pixel 3, Xiaomi
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Siba.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
September 8, 2019 at 3:32 AM #96538SibaKeymaster
Pixel 3 based Android 10 for Mi 8 is now available to download and install from a developer built firmware. This Pixel 3 Android 10 build for Mi 8 is brought to you by argraur.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to argraur:
– Donate to argraurThis Pixel 3 Android 10 update for Mi 8 is based on a custom built software. This software has to be installed using a custom recovery such as TWRP, which requires an unlocked bootloader on the phone.
Make sure you BACKUP all the data and all the partitions of your phone before installing this Android 10 ROM.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for anything wrong done by you.
Status of this Mi 8 Android 10 build:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing known or reported
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Pixel 3 ANDROID 10 ON Mi 8:
- Pixel 3 Android 10 Download for Mi 8
- TWRP for Mi 8
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Bootloader unlock guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- Android 10 GApps
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Pixel 3 ANDROID 10 ON Mi 8:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Android 10 update guide:
- First time installation of Pixel 3 Android 10 on Mi 8
- Upgrading Pixel 3 Android 10 build on Mi 8 from a previous build of the same ROM
Install Android 10 on Mi 8 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Pixel 3 Android 10 ROM file and the Gapps zip file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install Pixel 3 Android 10 ROM on Mi 8.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– Backup data on Android
– NANDROID backup on TWRP recovery
- Install the Mi 8 Android 10 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into TWRP again and then flash the Android 10 Gapps zip file.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy Android 10 on Mi 8.
Upgrade Pixel 3 Android 10 on Mi 8:
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 (dipper) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- Copy the latest Pixel 3 Android 10 ROM zip file and the GApps to the phone
- Boot into TWRP recovery to flash the updated Android 10 on Mi 8
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Android 10 ROM zip file on Mi 8.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 10 on Mi 8, then flash the GApps again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Android 10 on Mi 8, then flash the Magisk module or flash a patched boot image.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 on Mi 8.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.