Tagged: Android Pie, LineageOS 16, Rainbow_Dash, Samsung
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Siba.
April 1, 2019 at 3:48 PM #77562SibaKeymaster
The good news is that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 9 (EXYNOS variants ONLY) is now available to download and install. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Rainbow_Dash.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Rainbow_Dash and LineageOS project:
– Donate to Rainbow_Dash
– Donate to LineageOS project
Searching where to download LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 9?
Wondering how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9?
If you have one of the question for your Galaxy NOTE 9, then you are at the right place and here is where to download and how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9, with a step-by-step guide.
For more Pie ROM updates visit the LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS, IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM AND ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy NOTE 9 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– No known problem yet
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- Download TWRP for Galaxy NOTE 9 (crownlte) to install LineageOS 16
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- CSA2 vendor image
– Make sure your phone is already on CSA2 vendor and firmware.
– If not, download the CSA2 vendor image and flash it through fastboot
- LineageOS 16 Download for Galaxy NOTE 9
- Download MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
/ Download GApps for LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy NOTE 9 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16
- Updating a new Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 9.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy NOTE 9 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 9 (crownlte):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 9, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to install the LineageOS 16 update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9, then install the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9, then install the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 9.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 9 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy NOTE 9 (crownlte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.