April 4, 2019 at 5:40 PM #77916SibaKeymaster
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of Galaxy S3 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Video recording
– Many other minor BUGs
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S3 ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy S3 (i9300) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery on Samsung
- ROM Download link for Galaxy S3 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S3 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S3 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S3 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S3.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy S3 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S3 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S3 (i9300):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S3, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S3.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S3, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S3.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S3 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S3 (i9300) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.April 15, 2019 at 5:23 PM #79749Aldo FurlanParticipant<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Traduzione” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en” tabindex=”0″>Hi SIBA & CHRONO thanks to developing LineageOS for s3.
I tested version 15.1 and it worked great except for the useless PLAY STORE (I had to use UPTODOWN).
When I read your post I immediately tried 16.0.
Unfortunately, it starts transmitting the message right away
“THE BLUETOOTH APP CONTINUES TO BE DISCONTINUED”.
The app cannot be closed.
I try the LineageOS on s3 (purchased in 2013) just for fun.
I tried version 20190309 and lineage-16.0-20190411-UNOFFICIAL-i9300.zip
The result is the same.
Waiting for your reply, I send you my best regards.
Aldo Furlan</span>April 19, 2019 at 5:02 PM #80447
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.