Tagged: Android Pie, Carbon ROM, GSI, sunnyraj84348, Xiaomi
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 7 months ago by shibaa987.
August 18, 2018 at 5:44 PM #44771shibaa987Moderator
Android Pie comes for Redmi 5A users via Carbon ROM. Here is how you can download and install Android 9.0 based Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A is now available to download. This is quite stable build of Redmi 5A Android Pie Carbon ROM 7.0, which can be used as a daily driver.
This Android 9 based Redmi 5A Android Pie Carbon ROM is brought to you by sunnyraj84348.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to sunnyraj84348 for the effort to build this ROM and to the Carbon ROM Project:
– No donation link found for sunnyraj84348
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Redmi 5A ANDROID PIE Carbon ROM (Android 9) WHICH HAS FEW BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS CARBON ROM ANDROID PIE ON Redmi 5A.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi 5A, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Redmi 5A Carbon ROM Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Redmi 5A Android Pie Carbon ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– IR Blaster
– Hardware Encryption
– To Enable MTP go to developer option and set default usb configuration to file transfer
Download Links to install Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A:
- TWRP recovery for Redmi 5A
– Here is the how to install TWRP on Redmi 5A.
– This recovery guide requires an unlock bootloader on Redmi 5A.
- TREBLE enabler download link for Redmi 5A
- ROM download link for Redmi 5A
- Other Fixes download link for this Redmi 5A Carbon ROM Android Pie
- Front Camera Fix download link for this Redmi 5A Carbon ROM Android Pie
- GApps download for Android Pie 9.0 ROM
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL Carbon ROM ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5A:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 5A phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup Data on Android Phone
- Download and Copy the Treble enabler, Redmi 5A Carbon ROM Android Pie, All files from Other fixes download link, front camera fix and Android Pie GApps ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- First Flash the the Treble enabler
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Redmi 5A Carbon ROM Android Pie file
- Then flash the POST-sGSI_1, POST-sGSI_2, POST-sGSI_3 zip files using TWRP
- Then flash the LagFIX
- Finally flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot to system using the TWRP. Once the phone is booted, reboot again to recovery
- This time you flash the VoLTE fix if you are using VoLTE.
- Flash the bt.zip file to prevent setting reset after each reboot
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 based Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A.
- If the front camera does not work, then flash the Front camera fix.
Upgrading from earlier version of Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A (riva):
- Copy the latest Redmi 5A Android Pie Carbon ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5A.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the latest update of Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Carbon ROM Android Pie ZIP file that you have copied.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 5A, then flash the Android Pie GApps once again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 5A.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 BASED Carbon ROM ON Redmi 5A:
Of course this Redmi 5A Android Pie build is an initial build. If in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo or below then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 5A
– LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi 5AStay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 5A (riva) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- TWRP recovery for Redmi 5A
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.