Tagged: AICP 13, Android Oreo, Mi 3, Mi 4, Shahan_mik3
Android Oreo 8.0 based AICP 13 for Mi 3/Mi 4 is now available to download via an unofficial development build. This post provides the download link to the AICP 13 Oreo ROM for Mi 3/Mi 4 and guides through the installation process of the same. This AICP 13 Oreo ROM for Mi 3/Mi 4 is brought to you by developer Shahan_mik3.
If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution to Shahan_mik3:
donation to Shahan_mik3
If you want the OFFICIAL AICP 13 update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the AICP 13 Oreo ROMs list, LineageOS 15 ROM list or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page.
– Here is theTWRP update guide for the Mi 3/Mi 4 (cancro). This TWRP recovery guide requires an unlocked bootloader on the Mi 3/Mi 4 (cancro)
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in AICP 13 Oreo ROM, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su (because AICP is based on LineageOS) binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is AICP 13 Rooting guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
If you find any BUGS or you have found any issues on this ROM then here is the dev thread where you can convey all your concerns.