Android 14 is now available publicly in the AOSP and we have seen some development around the same. This time it is Android 14 for Redmi Note 10. This phone was launched with Android 11 and might be supported to be upgraded to the MIUI based Android 14.
But if you are impatient to try the latest Android 14 on your Redmi Note 10, here is an AOSP based Android 14. This is not it! I am here to bring you all other Android 14 custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 10 and step-by-step guide instucting how to flash it on the phone.
You can try the same but make sure you read the DISCLAIMER below and follow the guide in the exact steps written.
What Works on Android 14 on Redmi Note 10?
What works on AOSP Android 14?
What doesn’t work on AOSP Android 14?
How to Install AOSP Android 14 on Redmi Note 10
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the AOSP Android 14 on your Redmi Note 10.
- Take a backup of all your data from the device.
- Unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 10
- Follow the link that has all required downloads and instructions to accomplish this.
- Once unlocked the bootloader, download TWRP for Redmi Note 10.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot utility on your PC.
- Reboot the phone into fastboot mode and install the recovery zip file by executing the below command:
fastboot update recovery-*
- Ignore fastboot: error: could not load ’system.img’: No such file or directory
- Download the Redmi Note 10 AOSP Android 14 ROM file
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode. If you are still on fastboot mode then execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
- On the recovery mode, Format data and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- – Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Then use Apply for update (which is ADB sideload)
- Open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the ROM
adb sideload statix_*.zip
- Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 14 AOSP ROM zip file.
- Reboot your device and enjoy Android 14 on Redmi Note 10.
Google Camera for Redmi Note 10 on Android 14
That’s all for now on this Android 14 build for Redmi Note 10. As I have mentioned right on top of this guide that this device will be upgraded to official Android 14 but it might come little late.
Meanwhile, if some other Android 14 custom ROM comes for this, I will keep you guys posted either here or on other separate post.
That’s all for now. If you face any problem, or if you find anything missing in these instructions, do let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it ASAP.