Android 14 download is now available and we have seen some development around the same for many devices. This time it is the Android 14 for Lenovo Z6 Pro.
Lenovo Z6 Pro was launched with Android 9 Pie and is only supported till Android 11 ZUI 11.1; which means the Lenovo Z6 Pro will never receive the official Android 14 in future!
This is where the custom ROM such as this DerpFest AOSP Android 14 ROM for Lenovo Z6 Pro is great if you have ever wished to upgrade it to the latest Android. You can try the same but make sure you read the DISCLAIMER below and follow the instructions in the exact steps written.
What Works on DerpFest AOSP Android 14 on Lenovo Z6 Pro?
What doesn’t work?
How to Install Android 14 on Lenovo Z6 Pro
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the DerpFest AOSP Android 14 ROM on your Lenovo Z6 Pro.
- Take a backup of all your data from the device.
- Make sure you already have an unlocked bootloader on your Lenovo Z6 Pro
- Download the DerpFest AOSP Android 14 ROM for Lenovo Z6 Pro and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC (if you intend to install using ADB sideload)
- Download link is available in the below download section.
- Download the latest TWRP for Lenovo Z6 Pro and install it using this fastboot install guide. Follow the next step to install fastboot.
- Download and install latest ADB Fastboot on Windows or Linux or Mac.
- Follow the link given. it has all required files and step-by-step instructions.
- Once installed fastboot, open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the TWRP recovery required for this ROM
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.7.0_12.0-zippo.img
- Enter into recovery mode and Format data and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Reboot to TWRP recovery again
- Install Android 14 on Lenovo Z6 Pro using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install this Android 14 AOSP ROM zip file.
- Once installed the ROM file, format data again using TWRP recovery.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 14 on Lenovo Z6 Pro.
- Boot into recovery mode again and flash the Android 14 GApps using the recovery flashing method.
- This ROM does not have GApps. If you need to run Play Store, GMail, Youtube etc. then you need to install GApps separately.
Google Camera for Lenovo Z6 Pro on Android 14
Google Camera APK now a days is running almost on all Android phones regardless of OEM type. You can check one of the compatible GCam APK for Lenovo Z6 Pro from the link given there.
That’s all for now on this Android 14 build for Lenovo Z6 Pro. As I have mentioned right on top of this guide that this device will NOT be upgraded to official Android 14, hence, custom ROM is the only way to upgrade to latest Android version.
Meanwhile, if some other Android 14 custom ROM comes for this, I will keep you guys posted either here or on other separate post.
That’s all for now. If you face any problem, or if you find anything missing in these instructions, do let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it ASAP.