The latest Android 11 for Poco X2, is now available to download and install from Android 11 custom ROM build which is brought to you by developer vjspranav. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install Android 11 on Poco X2.
The Poco X2 may or may not be updated to Android 11 officially anytime soon. So, we have brought you several Android 11 custom ROMs that you can install on your Poco X2.
But, you need to understand that, Installing a custom ROM requires little bit of advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave your phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
Donation to Developer(s)
– Donate to vjspranav (pranavasri)
Download Android 11 build for Poco X2
We have an AOSP build of Android 11 Stable release available for Poco X2.
Below is a direct download link to the Poco X2 AOSP Android 11 build:
- ro.build.date=Thu Sep 24 18:20:47 CEST 2020
- ro.build.description=aosp_phoenix-userdebug RP1A.200720.011
SELinux is permissive
Other Requirements to Install LineageOS 18 on Poco X2
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
This ROM build is available in img format which needs to be flashed using fastboot. You can install the same from one of the below link:
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux / MAC
How to Update Poco X2 to Android 11?
Installing Android 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Poco X2
Poco X2 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Poco X2.
Install custom recovery on Poco X2
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Poco X2. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Poco X2.
Install Android 11 on Poco X2
- Install the Fastboot tool on your PC, Linux or MAC and then follow the below.
- Download the Android 11 ROM for Poco X2 and extract the .img files to your PC.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot or bootloader mode
- On the bootloader mode, execute the below commands to flash the respective images:
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
Reboot to fastboot mode again and flash the below images:
fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img
- Enter into recovery mode and install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 11 on Poco X2.
Well, after installing the Android 11 zip file you are done with the Android 11 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 11 ROM on your Poco X2.
Poco X2 Android 11 Rooting
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports Android 11 rooting.
You can either follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or Guide to Root Poco X2.
Google Camera for Poco X2 Android 11
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Download GCam for Poco X2
Also, visit the Poco X2 (phonenix) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.