Resurrection Remix Oreo for Nexus 5 is now available to download via an UNOFFICIAL version. This RR Oreo for Nexus 5 (hammerhead) is brought to you by developer voidz-maguro @voidz777.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution to voidz777 and/or the Resurrection Remix OS project:
– No donation link found for voidz777 (voidz-maguro)
– Donate to Resurrection Remix OS project
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF RESURRECTION REMIX ANDROID OREO (8.1), WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Nexus 5 requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE RESURRECTION REMIX OREO FOR Nexus 5 (ANDROID ANDROID 8.1, RR v6.0.0 ROM):
Follow this to Install RR Oreo for Nexus 5 for the first time or coming from another Android ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Nexus 5. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
Rooting Resurrection Remix Android Oreo ROM on Nexus 5:
There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
Here is how to How to ROOT RR Oreo ROM, a step-by-step guide !!!
The above link is for LineageOS 15.1 Rooting guide, because RR Oreo is based on LineageOS 15.1.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 5 custom ROMs forum For other Android Oreo ROMs, Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, Resurrection Remix ROM, Omni ROM, AICP ROM, crDroid ROM, and all other device specific topics.