Tagged: Android 10, MIUI 12
- This topic is empty.
April 28, 2020 at 11:33 PM #112146Rakshit SahuSpectator
There is a good news that the Mi Max 3 has received MIUI 12 beta update. This guide provides a direct download link and a step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Mi Max 3.
This latest MIUI 12 download is announced lately for Mi Max 3 including many other Xiaomi phones. This page will be updated with the other future updates of MIUI 12 for the device.Currently this is just a Beta release of the new MIUI which may not be stable enough to be used as a daily driver. So, make sure that you keep a copy of the stable MIUI for your phone.
This update requires an unlocked bootloader, so you should consider keeping a backup of all the data on your phone.
MIUI 12 Features
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features that are unmatched with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High risk behaviors are directly stopped without intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- Huawei Health now provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organiser and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, minimalistic mode for elders etc.
Mi Max 3 MIUI 12 Beta Update Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 beta version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Build date: 27th April 2020
- Security patch: April 2020
- Build version: 20.4.27
- Android version: Android 10
- File size: 2.1 GB
Where to Download MIUI 12 for Mi Max 3?
Below is a direct link to download the recovery flashable OTA zip file:
- MIUI 12 Download for Mi Max 3:
- TWRP for Mi Max 3 to install MIUI 12
- How to install TWRP
- Xiaomi Bootloader unlock guide – required to install TWRP on Mi Max 3
How To Install MIUI 12 on Mi Max 3?MIUI 12 is in beta, which may have many bugs. If you don’t know what you are doing, STOP right here!. If you still proceed, don’t blame me for any consequences.
Installing MIUI 12 Using TWRP (if you have not registered for beta testing)If you have not registered for MIUI 12 BETA testing then this is the method you have to follow.
- Download the Mi Max 3 MIUI 12 zip file and keep it in your PC (for ADB Sideload method) or copy it to the thone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery (with SAR support) to install MIUI 12 on Mi Max 3.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then unlock the bootloader and then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the guide to install TWRP (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– Backup data on Android
– NANDROID backup on TWRP recovery
- ADB sideload the MIUI 12 zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or the recovery you are using.
- Once installed, reboot the phone and enjoy MIUI 12 update on Mi Max 3.
Installing MIUI 12 for Registered Beta testersIf you have registered for MIUI 12 BETA testing then this is the method you should follow.
- Download the MIUI 12 beta zip file from the above download link.
- Create a folder in the name of “downloaded_rom” (if it is not present already) and then copy the above downloaded zip file inside that folder.
It is mandatory to create the directory in your phone.
- Now, go to Settings > About Phone > System update
- Then Click the three dots (menu) at top right corner of the screen and Select the Choose update package.
- Browse and select the MIUI 12 beta update file that you have copied inside the downloaded_rom folder
The Update process will start automatically. Once the installation is completed the phone will restart automatically.
In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on Mi Max 3, you can login and leave a reply with your concern to get a reply.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Max 3 (nitrogen) forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.