LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx) Nougat ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S5 Neo – G903F, s5neoltexx LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx) Nougat ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 page. This Galaxy S5 Neo LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by developer Stricted.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):

If you like the ROM or the TWRP recovery brought to you by these developer(s) then consider donation to them. Believe me it motivates and it matters.
    Donate to Stricted

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider a complete backup. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx) Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Wifi
    – NFC
    – Bluetooth
    – Camera
    – Video Playback
    – Audio
    – Sensors
    – GPS
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    As pointed out by penguin:
    – No audio when calling over Bluetooth
    – Sending SMS results in “not send error” but sms does goes out.
    – USB sometimes dies. Only a reboot re-activates USB. Even charging is not happening. This is caused when connecting specific USB devices that trigger an event to launch an app.
    – Unable to open camera from time to time. Only solution is to reboot.

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU root guide to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy S5 Neo LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo ROM ZIP to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Recovery Installation Guide for Samsung phones to flash a custom recovery on the Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx). (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data.

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
        backup all data
        NANDROID backup

• First flash the Galaxy S5 Neo LineageOS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explains LineageOS update.
      • DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 GApps package.
        – Here is a post explaining how to update LineageOS GApps.
      • Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx).
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy S5 Neo LineageOS 14.1 (G903F, s5neoltexx):

• Copy the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery.
      • Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
        – Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
      • Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 GApps package.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps.
      • Reboot and Enjoy

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx). After the installation of Galaxy S5 Neo LineageOS 14.1 ROM (G903F, s5neoltexx) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F, s5neoltexx) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

If you have any concerns or found any BUGS on this ROM then here is the development link to Stricted’s thread.

Linux User
    Participant

Hey, i’ve been experiencing some lag on microphone, but, its working on calls
    There’s a way to fix it changing system apps?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, having a same issue.Please help.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, great work but same issues here.Please help. Thank you.

Linux User
    Participant

hi

great work, i was waiting for a decent rom for my phone – i used stock rom. i flashed it twice – yesterday and the day before strictly under instructions and encountered following issues:

1. my jabra storm earpiece (bluetooth 4.0) is working partially – i can hear multimedia and i can use it for speech to text apps but i cant hear the caller and the caller cant hear me. with earpiece connected, if i change to phone i can talk and hear (more about it in point 2), if i change to speaker i can hear but i cant talk.

2. when calling someone with my phone, every 2-3 calls called person cannot hear me, while i do hear. i didn’t observe it when someone calls me.

3. i have problems sending sms and mms using messages app and facebook messenger app. i checked all sms settings and they’re correct. in hidden menu i updated messages center. yesterday at around 11 pm all the messages i tried to send to my wife were sent in bulk without getting “sent” status.

thats for now. anyone with similar issues or knows how to fix it?

thanks in advance

M

Linux User
    Participant

Hi – Will this work on the SM-G903M version of the neo?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=23924]Hi – Will this work on the SM-G903M version of the neo?
    [/quote]

Yep.

Linux User
    Participant

I have the neo s5 (g903M) with android 6 marshmallow

With:
    Custom Binary (RECOVERY) Blocked by FRP and download mode too ..

Samsung is not supported for the unlock guide

I try to downgrade android 5.1 and fail. and i try again with android 6 official and works fime

This excels my understanding… any video tutorial? please I beg you guys

Linux User
    Participant

now Im root user thanks to : CF-Auto-Root-s5neolte-s5neolteub-smg903m

but still not recovery.. : recovery is not seandroid enforcing

why D:

Linux User
    Participant

ODIN MODE
    DOWNLOAD SPEED FAST
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-G903M
    SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
    FRP LOCK: OFF
    SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
    AP SWRE b1 K0 S0

what’s mean?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.