LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums LG Device Forums G2 – d802 LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Before this there was the CM14.1 for LG G2. As always, this LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 (d802) is brought to you by developer danilo38, the AutoRec app is brought to you by developer Cloudyfa.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader on LG G2 (d802) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

Thanks to CristiannL and Sellian for the updates on the actual flashing requirements and detailed update guide.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR LG G2 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 (d802) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• First install a BUMPed TWRP for LG G2. This can be done in one of the following ways:
          #1st method

• – Download the BUMPed TWRP (by blastagator) from above link.
        • – Flash the TWRP using existing recovery. The downloaded file is a recovery flashable zip hence follow the below guide to get it flashed:
          Flash a recovery flashable zip using existing recovery
        •  
          #2nd method
          – Download and Install the AutoRec apk and follow the instructions to flash TWRP.

• Download and Flash the hybrid Bootstack by daniel.stuart14. This is again a recovery flashable xip, so just go to existing recovery and flash it.
      • Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 ROM ZIP to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for LG G2 (d802) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
        How to backup all data on your Android Device
        how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery

• First flash the LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
      • Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
      • Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for LG G2 (d802).
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 (d802):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 (d802). After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for LG G2 (d802) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the LG G2 (d802) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

It totally failed to install 14.1, do not try

Linux User
    Participant

It did not work for me. Not with this method, at least, but I did find a workaround. Hopefully it will work for others and not end up with a bricked phone or look at a phone that seems bricked.
    Note: I have a 32GB LG G2 D802 (International version) that runned Android 4.4.2. Before that, I was running Lollipop.

Let’s start, though. If you’re on Lollipop I would advise on downgrading to KitKat, that’s the way I did it. So do your backups and save data, for here it goes. The method that downgrades to KitKat, also helps you unbrick your phone. I started with my phone bricked after attempting the method described by Shibaa987. First of all you have to get your phone into download mode (Press and hold volume up and attach USB cable). Mine tool some time, around 10 attempts. At powering up, it would just flash the LG logo and then the screen went black. There was no way to enter Recovery mode, so download mode was my only option. So keep trying. If you get it to download mode, your phone is saved.
    Downgrading/ Unbricking your phone:
    – Download and install LG Drivers (HERE). A pop-up might appear on your phone requesting access from your computer, just allow always.
    – Get your phone in download mode
    – Download and extract LG Flash Tool 2014 (HERE)
    – Download firmware files (HERE) and move the file in the same directory as the LG Flash Tool
    – Execute LG Flash Tool (Try installing Visual C++ Runtime Library if it does not run). Leave the first field as it is (CDMA). In the next one, enter the version of your phone, D802 for me (I have no idea if this is relevant or not, but this is how I did it). Select KDZ file -> just select the .kdz file you’ve moved earlier and hit CSE Flash. In the next window just press START and let it do it’s thing. Don’t worry if the app gives error or even crashes after some time, just keep an eye on the phone, it should start flashing the stock KitKat.
    Rooting your phone/ installing recovery:
    – Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software information and tap 7-8 times, or until it says you’re a developer, on Build number. Next, go to Settings -> Developer options and activate USB Debugging. If greyed out, just unplug the USB cable from your phone and then replug it.
    – Download IOroot HERE and extract it. Go to ioroot.bat and go ahead and follow the instructions from the CMD window. You can follow a tutorial HERE. Once you’re done, your phone should be rooted. Go ahead and install SuperSU from Play Store, so you can control the apps that have root access. Launch after installation and update binaries. Go to the app settings and unckeck Mount Namespace Separation. Also, go to phone’s settings, under Security, and enable Unknown Sources so that you can install the next app.
    – Download and install AutoRec. For this just follow this link: http://bit.ly/g2_AutoRec. Download the .apk file and install it and run the app. Follow the instructions and flash recovery. Hit Exit when done.
    Installing Lineage on your phone:
    – Download Bootstack. I got mine HERE
    – Download Lineage 14.1 from HERE
    – Download GApps from HERE – Make sure to select ARM as Platform, 7.1 as Android Version and whatever Variant works best for you. I went with Nano to reduce the installation package size. You can always download any Google apps you want later on.
    – Copy all 3 .zip files to your Internal Memory – SD Card.
    – Flashing the new rom Please try to follow the steps in the right order.
    Go into recovery mode. Use AutoRec or power down your phone and press and hold Power+Volume down buttons until the LG logo appears. Release the buttons and press and hold them again immediately, until the phone enters Recovery Mode. Now, go to WIPE -> Advanced Wipe and select everything except for Internal Storage then go ahead and wipe the data. Once it’s done. go back to the home screen and select Install. You have to first install the bootstack, so go ahead and select that first and flash it. Once done, press wipe cache/ dalvik (I have done this after every step, I have no idea if it helps or not, but that’s how I did it). Next, install Lineage rom and wipe cache/ dalvik once it’s done flashing. Last step is to flash GApps. This will take some time. If the screen goes black, just hit the power button once, as it just went into sleep mode. Once GApps are flashed on your phone wipe again the data/ dalvik and reboot your phone. If you did everything the right way and downloaded every file that is compatible with your phone model you should now be the proud owner of an LG G2 running Lineage 14.1. I know I am :)

Good luck and don’t give up.

Linux User
    Participant

Installed on LG G2 D806 without problems.

I was on Android 4.4.2 with TWRP “twrp-3.1.0-1-d802-bump-blastagator-signed”

First, make sure the recovery you are using is the BUMP version and not LOKI or you can brick your phone

1- I went to Recovery mode and wipe everything except sd card

2- installed the Hybrid Bootstack(for 805-6) that CristiannL posted here(go up) in the comments, and wipe Dalvik cache

2- then installed the ROM “lineage-14.1-20170306-nightly-d802-signed” – wipe Dalvik cache

3- install any gapps you want, I installed the nano version – wipe Dalvik again

4- reboot phone and that’s it, for me the first boot took some minutes with the loading LineageOS screen, but after that everything worked very nice

I noticed the battery draining a little more fast than with 4.4.2, but it’s not that bad, at least for me. Consider having a nandroid backup ready if you don’t like it

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you, CristiannL!!! After so much time wasted bricking and unbricking my phone, your solution finally helped me! Thanks a lot!!!

Linux User
    Participant

How much time it needs on first boot ? i installed version 16 , reboots and shows just a black screen

Siba
    Keymaster

Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for LG G2 is now available to download and install. Interested guys can check that out!
    For a larger list of available builds, visit the LineageOS 17 download page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.