Tagged: Android Pie, fagyi, HTC, LineageOS 16
- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by kentellsw.
October 8, 2018 at 9:53 AM #54744shibaa987Moderator
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for HTC 10. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on HTC 10, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer fagyi.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to fagyi and LineageOS project:
– Donate to fagyi
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR HTC 10, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on HTC 10, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC 10 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON HTC 10:
- TWRP for HTC 10 (pme) for this LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- HTC 10 bootloader unlock guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for HTC 10 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON HTC 10 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC 10 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on HTC 10
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on HTC 10 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on HTC 10 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the HTC 10 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on HTC 10.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on HTC 10
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for HTC 10
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on HTC 10.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on HTC 10 (pme):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on HTC 10.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for HTC 10, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for HTC 10.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on HTC 10, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on HTC 10, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on HTC 10.
After installing LineageOS 16 on HTC 10 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC 10 (pme) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKFebruary 7, 2019 at 7:34 AM #72175ATeamDevMember
I followed the above instructions but got no where!
I am currently running LOS 14.1 and wanted to jump onto the LOS 16 bandwagon.
I cannot get LOS16 with MindTheGapps workng – the phone just sits rebooting for hours. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and then when it didn’t work, I cleared all the caches, data, system, internal storage but ended up with the same result.
I would love to know what I am doing wrong or what faultfinding I can do to help get this fixed.
I am not sure if this is an inherited issue, I cannot get LOS15, or 15.1 working either.
I would appreciate your assistanceJuly 28, 2019 at 4:39 PM #94228rehansaifiParticipant
Please make cm16 for htc 10 evo/boultSeptember 10, 2019 at 8:52 AM #96668kentellswParticipant
Not sure how active anyone is on here, but I have done this but my phone is not recognizing my sim card.
It was a sprint htc10 and I’m trying to put an att sim in it.
I had flashed a US unlocked radio hoping that would work.
If anyone is out there I have tried many things to get this phone working and I can share them with you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.