Tagged: LineageOS 16, Xiaomi
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Chelmers.
August 2, 2019 at 1:01 PM #94585SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7 is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7, with a step-by-step guide.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Redmi 7, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS IF IT BOOTS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Redmi 7, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi 7 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 7:
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7
- TWRP Download for Redmi 7 to install this LineageOS 16 ROM
- Redmi 7 unlock bootloader – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 7 – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi 7 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Redmi 7 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Redmi 7
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup data on Android phone
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 (onc):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 you may want to install Gcam or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 7 (onc) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>November 2, 2019 at 3:01 PM #100849ChelmersParticipant
Dear Siba, First of all, thank you for your work. This ROM gives me back my confidence in my phone. I chose the Redmi 7 because it was chosen as the best budget phone. But quickly I realized that Xiaomi is very curious and monitors everything. Your ROM works very well and I am grateful that people make this alternative possible. A small problem is still to be solved. I can not record videos with the camera, I only get a still picture. Everything else works perfectly. Is there a workaround for this? Sincerely, Chelmers.
If this post is in the wrong place, or I made another mistake, please do not be angry, I’m not familiar with surrounding forums.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.