August 29, 2016 at 10:39 PM #6111shibaa987Moderator
Android AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Xperia L is now available through an unofficial AOSP ROM update. In addition to thi AOSP Nougat ROM, we also have the latest Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia L. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices and also we have CyanogenMod 14 ROM for Mi4i, probably the first CyanogenMod 14 Nougat ROM available out there. And now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Sony Xperia L (codename: taoshan) which is brought to you by developer Agent_fabulous. Xperia L Users must be thankful to the developers for their priceless efforts and lightning fast development.DISCLAIMER:
I DON’T KNOW THE STATUS OF THIS ROM YET. THIS COULD BE AN INITIAL ALPHA ROM WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR IF AT ALL IT BOOTS THEN IT MAY NOT BE USABLE AS A DAILY DRIVER. I JUST FOUND THE DOWNLOAD LINK AND UPDATING HERE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO MAKE SURE TO TAKE NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Xperia L requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Agent_fabulous’ Xperia L Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– NOT KNOWNKNOWN ISSUES:
– NOT KNOWN
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE AOSP 7.0 NOUGAT ROM FOR XPERIA L (TAOSHAN):
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE XPERIA L NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Nougat ROM zip file for Xperia L and the Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Xperia L Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Now flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone when the flashing is done, do the initial setup and then enjoy the taste of Android Nougat on Xperia L. If you have any concerns or are you facing any problem regarding this guide or Xperia L Nougat ROM then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.September 16, 2016 at 6:00 PM #7239Kshitij GuptaMember
Hey, this is Agent_fabulous. I request you to remove the link to my AFH folder. I upload experimental builds here. Last build in the folder is alpha 2 (1309_b4). Link to that or my XDA thread. Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.