Android 14 download is now available and we have seen some development around the same. This time it is the Android 14 for Poco F1.
Poco F1 was launched with Android 8.1 Oreo and was upgradable to Android 10; which means the Poco F1 will never receive the official MIUI Android 14 in future.
This is where the custom ROM such as this AOSP Android 14 ROM for Poco F1 is great if you have ever wished to upgrade it to the latest Android
What Works on AOSP Android 14 on Poco F1?
What doesn’t work?
How to Install Android 14 on Poco F1
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the AOSP Android 14 ROM on your Poco F1.
- Download the AOSP Android 14 ROM for Poco F1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC (if you intend to install using ADB sideload)
- Download links are available in the below download section.
- Install Android 14 on Poco F1 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and system_ext.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Then use Apply zip from ADB (which is ADB sideload)
- Open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the ROM
adb sideload aosp-beryllium-..*.zip
- Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 14 AOSP ROM zip file.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 14 on Poco F1.
- Boot into recovery mode again and flash the Android 14 GApps using the recovery flashing method.
- Use the ARM64 LiteGApps for now.
Google Camera for Poco F1 on Android 14
That’s all for now on this Android 14 build for Poco F1. As I have mentioned right on top of this guide that this device will NOT be upgraded to official Android 14, hence, custom ROM is the only way to upgrade to latest Android version.
Meanwhile, if some other Android 14 custom ROM comes for this, I will keep you guys posted either here or on other separate post.
That’s all for now. If you face any problem, or if you find anything missing in these instructions, do let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it ASAP.