Android 11 and LineageOS 18 based crDroid 7.0 for Mi Note 3, is now available to download and install.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install crDroid 7.0 on Mi Note 3.
About crDroid 7.0
The crDroid ROM typically known as crDroid Android is a custom ROM which uses the LineageOS as its base.
crDroid is like a feature packed LineageOS. Yes, it provides many more features, customizations etc. unlike the LineageOS which is very much close to stock Android without much of customization.
And, crDroid 7.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
crDroid is a custom Android OS distribution project which is run by Neobuddy89, Firebird11, Gwiolf2u, Hikari-no-Tenshi, DarkJoker360, and XNombre in the core team and many device maintainers.
Donation to Developer(s)
– Donate to Neobuddy89 the lead dev of the crDroid team
Installing crDroid requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build of crDroid 7.0 for Mi Note 3 which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
Download crDroid 7.0 for Mi Note 3
Below is the direct download link to the latest build of crDroid 7.0 for Mi Note 3
Other Requirements to Install crDroid 7.0 on Mi Note 3
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
How to Update Mi Note 3 to crDroid 7.0 (Android 11)?
Installing crDroid 7.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the crDroid 7.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Mi Note 3
Mi Note 3 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Mi Note 3.
Install custom recovery on Mi Note 3
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Mi Note 3. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Mi Note 3.
Install crDroid 7.0 on Mi Note 3
- Download the crDroid 7.0 ROM for Mi Note 3 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install crDroid 7.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the crDroid 7.0 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into crDroid 7.0 on Mi Note 3 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the crDroid 7.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the crDroid 7.0 ROM on your Mi Note 3.
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports rooting of Android 11 ROM.
You can either follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or the Magisk rooting guide to enable root.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this crDroid 7.0 ROM.
Other Custom ROMs for Mi Note 3
It is possible that the crDroid 7.0 for Mi Note 3 might not be stable as this is an initial build. In that case below are some of the custom ROMs that we have for the device, if you consider to switch.
Also, visit the Mi Note 3 (jason) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, or other device specific topics.