A working build of TWRP for Redmi 4A is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi 4A.
This Redmi 4A TWRP is brought to you by the official developer.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to TWRP project:
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
Installing TWRP recovery on Redmi 4A requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Redmi 4A
– TWRP version: 3.3.1-0
– Device Codename: rolex
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
What’s Not Working?
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 4A?
- Redmi 4A, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for Redmi 4A – [CMDM-download id=119098]
- ADB and Fastboot utility.- 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on Redmi 4A
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 4A?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 4A.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 4A. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 4A
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 4A. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 4A
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 4A
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 4A
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 4A which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 4A
– GCam for Redmi 4A