I have an Android TV and uhas become an important app. But a lot of ads that runs the whole day is what ruining the complete experience.
I always wished for a better app that could replace the stock YT app and also found one, which is Smart YouTube TV. This is quite similar to the NewPipe APK but the only major difference is this has a much better UI.
This app still looks to be an early version but as of now it serves the purpose of ad free YouTube watching experience on Android TV which is way better than the stock one.
How to Install Smart YouTube TV App on Android?
- Get the Smart YouTube TV APK file from the above download link
- Install the Split APK installer app and then install this APK using that. (or) follow the below instructions
- Enable app install from Unknown Sources to install apps from a third-party app other than Google Play Store.
To do that go to Settings and search the word unknown
– For Android Nougat or lower version click on Unknown sources and enable that setting.
– For Android Oreo or later, clicking on Install unknown apps which will take you to a list of apps. Select the actual app through which you want to install the Smart YouTube TV app.
Or you can do it other way: Let’s say, you have downloaded the Smart YouTube TV APK file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or go to Settings > search for unknown > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, tap on the apk file to install