The latest Android 12 has been released and the same is now available for Poco X3 Pro via an Android 12 custom ROM update build. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to update Poco X3 Pro to Android 12.
Other Requirements to Install Android 12 on Poco X3 Pro
To be able to install any Android 12 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on the above two, in the below sections.
Plus, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requirement is, GApps for Android 12, which is also included in the below guide.
How to Update Poco X3 Pro Android 12?
Installing Android 12 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 12 ROM on the phone
Poco X3 Pro Bootloader Unlock
Poco X3 Pro bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Poco X3 Pro.
Install custom recovery on Poco X3 Pro
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android 12 ROM on Poco X3 Pro. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Poco X3 Pro.
Install Android 12 on Poco X3 Pro
- Download one of the available custom ROM of Android 12 for Poco X3 Pro and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install Android 12 using TWRP recovery
Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 12 ROM zip file.
- Download and Install Android 12 GApps for this ROM.
- Once done, reboot the Poco X3 Pro Android 12 update.
Post Installation Downloads for Android 12
Well, after installing the Android 12 zip file you are done with the Android 12 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 12 ROM on your Poco X3 Pro.
Rooting on Android 12
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports Android 12 rooting.
You can either follow this Magisk rooting guide to enable root.
Google Camera for Android 12
– GCam for Poco X3 Pro
If the above link does not contain a useful GCam port then search here for a compatible Google Camera APK page to download a GCam port for your phone that may run on Poco X3 Pro Android 12.
Visit the Poco X3 Pro (vayu) page to get other Android 12 ROMs or other device specific topics.