Android 11 is released recently and the official update of the same for Redmi Note 5 Pro is far away. But, Pixel Experience 11 for Redmi Note 5 Pro which is based on Android 11, is now available to download.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install Pixel Experience 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro. This build is brought to you by Unknown developer.
About Pixel Experience 11 based on Android 11
Pixel Experience is based on AOSP that includes GApps and includes many features from the Google Pixel devices.
Like other custom ROMs the Pixel Experience focuses more on bringing Pixel features and the Pixel Experience Plus variant brings few extra features on top.
This is an open source project founded and run by jhenrique09 (Henrique Silva), and a team of 40+ developers.
The Pixel Experience 11 is based on the recently released Android 11 update.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Pixel Experience 11 development and porting is a voluntary work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to jhenrique09 (founder developer of Pixel Experience) and the developer(s) who ported this build:
Installing a custom ROM requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build for Redmi Note 5 Pro which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
Download Pixel Experience 11 for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Below is the direct download link to the Pixel Experience 11 build for Redmi Note 5 Pro
whyred PixelExperience 11 Download
Other Requirements to Install Pixel Experience 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
Pixel Experience 11 does not require GApps to be installed separately.
How to Update Redmi Note 5 Pro to Pixel Experience 11 (Android 11)?
Installing Pixel Experience 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Pixel Experience 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Redmi Note 5 Pro bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Install custom recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Custom recovery must be installed on Redmi Note 5 Pro to install Pixel Experience 11.
Below is a list of guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP Download (whyred)
- Redmi Note 5 Pro OrabgeFox Recovery Download (whyred)
Install Pixel Experience 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the Pixel Experience 11 ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC (if you intend to install using ADB sideload)
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data![Clean Flash is recommended].– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install Pixel Experience 11 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the Pixel Experience 11 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Pixel Experience 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the Pixel Experience 11 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Pixel Experience 11 ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports rooting of Android 11 ROM.
You can either follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or the Magisk rooting guide to enable root.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 Pro that may run on this Pixel Experience 11 ROM or look at the below links:
Other Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 5 Pro
It is possible that the Pixel Experience 11 for Redmi Note 5 Pro might not be stable as this is an initial build. In that case below are some of the custom ROMs that we have for the device, if you consider to switch.
Also, visit the Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) page to get other Android 11 ROMs or other device specific topics.