A working build of Google Camera or GCam for Oppo A5 2020 is now available to download, which is based on Arnova8G2, BSG build. Reportedly this GCam mod works pretty well on the phone including the famous night sight mode.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Oppo A5 2020
- GCam 8.3 (Latest version)
- GCam 8.2
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The GCam 8.3 version has brought Night Sight mode to portrait shot.
The GCam 8.2 version brings multi mode video stabilization, seamless zoom, portrait night sight etc.
The Google camera 6.2 brings Time lapse, night sight feature and the GCam 7.0 or later version brings Astrophotography mode to the Oppo A5 2020. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Oppo A5 2020 Google Camera mod
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install GCam mod apk on Oppo A5 2020?
- Download a compatible Gcam APK from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources and enable Allow from this sourceSee the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Oppo A5 (2020) Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Oppo A5 (2020). In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?