If you are looking to update Oreo for OnePlus One Android phone, then here I have list of Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs and a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Oreo on OnePlus One.
The OnePlus One (codename: bacon) was last updated to Android Marshmallow officially. Almost all Android phone manufacturers provide 2 years of official update and OnePlus One is no exception.
It’s the custom ROM builds that keep the devices alive by providing latest Android updates there after. This is the primary reason I have brought you here, how to update OnePlus One to Android Oreo 8.1 custom ROM.
Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROMs available for OnePlus One:
As of now following are the Android Oreo Custom ROMs available for OnePlus One based on Android 8.1:
OnePlus One Android Oreo ROMs list
|LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8.1||LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus One|
|AOSP Oreo 8.0||AOSP Oreo for OnePlus One|
|Resurrection Remix Oreo||Resurrection Remix Oreo for OnePlus One|
|crDroid Oreo||crDroid Oreo for OnePlus One|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One:
- TWRP recovery link for OnePlus One (bacon)
- – Here is the How to install TWRP on OnePlus One (bacon).
- Download one of the Android Oreo ROMs available for OnePlus One:
– LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus One
– AOSP Oreo ROM for OnePlus One
– RR Oreo ROM for OnePlus One
– crDroid Oreo ROM for OnePlus One
- Oreo 8.1 GApps download link for OnePlus One Oreo ROMs
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR OnePlus One OREO ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSu ROOT package.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One:
- Download the TWRP recovery for OnePlus One from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One using fastboot.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean data using TWRP recovery
-Don’t clean Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Oreo ROMs available for OnePlus One and copy the Oreo ROM file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install the Oreo ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Optional but recommended:
– Download Android Oreo 8.1 GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Oreo GApps using TWRP
– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Oreo ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Oreo on OnePlus One.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM, then restart yuor phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
– This step is not necessary to run Android Oreo smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM then you need to follow this step.
If you are facing any issue while following this guide, then you can comment here or you can create a topic on the OnePlus One Forum or on the respective Oreo Custom ROM topics.