Moto G10 Power is launched and here we have got a working port of GCam port for the phone. The phone is a budget phone which runs on a Snapdragon 460 chipset.
It comes with a quad camera setup, out of which the primary wide camera is 48MP, a 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP depth and a 2MP macro sensor. The stock Motorola camera captures decent photos but still the GCam APK on Moto G10 Power captures somewhat better photos in portrait mode, Night Sight mode.
In this article you will find the best working gcam port for Moto G10 Power including xml or agc config files if anything is available.
In fact, there are few compatible GCam port APKs available for the Moto G10 Power phone which are brought to you by several developers which you can try right now!
Available GCam versions for Moto G10 Power
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well. With the recent release of Android 14 we have got the GCam 9.x and later as the latest version to date. Here we have a working port of GCam 9.2 for Moto G10 Power for you to download and try.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also comes, so I am listing out all available versions of GCams for the phone so that you can get to know when we have an update, right from the below list.
- GCam port 9.2 (Latest Version)
- GCam port 8.8
- GCam port 8.4
- GCam port 8.1 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam port 6.1
Compatibility Status of GCam on Moto G10 Power
- All basic features
What’s not working?
- Nothing reported yet
Where to Download the Moto G10 Power GCam port?
As mentioned in the list of compatible Google Camera apks for Moto G10 Power, here are the direct download links for the same.
|Android 11 and later
|28th February 2024
How to Install Google Camera on Moto G10 Power?
- Download any compatible GCam for Moto G10 Power from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
- For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded Gcam port apk to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on your Moto G10 Power phone.
Troubleshooting GCam Issues
In case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera mod then leave a comment so that we can find out a solution for you!
You can also visit our known issues list for google camera which lists some known issues on this Gcam port, which might be helpful as well.
Stock Motorola Camera vs GCam on Moto G10 Power
The default camera that comes on the phone and the Google Camera port has significant differences to consider which one to use and where! To be able to take a wise decision on different occasions, I will list down all the similarities and/or differences between these two camera apps.
Let’s have a look at the below detailed section so that you can understand things in a better way.
What’s better on the Motorola camera?
Well, the default camera app that comes on the phone is equally good and provides several features that the GCam does not have.
Let’s have a look at the below features that is available on Moto G10 Power stock Camera:
- Pro mode on the the stock camera app is available for photo mode. This provides common controls such as Shutter speed, ISO control etc. but not like the way the TRUE pro level features that comes on MIUI camera.
- Better compatibility with all camera sensors
- Allows to capture in highest resolution each sensor supports such as 50MP
Advantages of installing Google camera / GCam APK on Moto G10 Power
People know the GCam app several years from now since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Moto G10 Power:
- Night Sight mode that gets you better exposed images in low light.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in this features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ captures a natural looking image in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect in the portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
Disadvantages of GCam
- Finding the right gcam port for Moto G10 Power is neither a straight forward task nor easy
- Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the Moto G10 Power. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
- The stock camera apps has a pro mode, which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
- Sometimes not all cameras available to use.
- May require advanced settings to use the high resolution mode on the primary camera.
Of course GCam is good but that does not mean the Motorola’s camera software is bad. GCam provides better image quality, it has several features of its own which out performs the stock camera app.
But Motorola’s stock camera also has some good features which cannot be overlooked such as the Pro features, Vlogging features, and better hardware compatibility.
Summarizing it all, GCam will not replace the Moto camera rather both the camera apps can be installed on the same phone and you can use each app for which it better suits to your needs.
New features and updates of the GCam APK keep coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam ports available for the Moto G10 Power today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.
Visit the Motorola gcam ports page to download compatible google camera ports for other Motorola phones as well.