- This topic is empty.
May 7, 2020 at 1:44 PM #112821SibaKeymaster
MIUI 12 Download is now available for 20+ Xiaomi phones. If you are looking for a guide on rooting the MIUI 12 on your phone, then this is it!
So, the only method left is the Magisk rooting.
Required Downloads to Root MIUI 12
Before roooting the MIUI 12, you need to verify few things and need to install few. This list provides all the required resources.
A Word of Caution before flashing Magisk on MIUI 12!
How to verify if you have an A/B device?
Enter to adb shell and execute the below command to know:
If it does not return anything, then you have a A-only device.
Poco F1 and almost every Xiaomi phone uses A-only partition.
How to Root MIUI 12 with Magisk?
There might be many ways of rooting MIUI 12, but here I am going to write down only a single method, that is flashing Magisk installer zip using a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery.
How to Install Magisk to Root MIUI 12?
Once ready with the basics, follow the below instructions to install the Magisk installer zip file
- Download and copy the Magisk Installer zip file to your phone
- Reboot the phone into a custom recovery with such as TWRP recovery or any other recovery
Connect your phone to the PC, and execute the following command on your PC:
adb reboot recovery
- If you have any PIN lock set on the phone then enter the same PIN on the TWRP (if it is asked) to decrypt the phone’s internal storage
- Click Install > Select the Magisk zip file > Swipe to confirm flash
- Once done reboot to system and you are done.
As a part of Magisk installation the Magisk Manager App should have been installed. If not installed for some reason, you can manually install the Magisk Manager APK manually.
The Magisk Manager App is used to manage supersu access, install Magisk modules, manipulate AVB and force encryption etc.
How to Uninstall Magisk?
If your phone is not booting even after a long time after installing Magisk, then most likely it is in bootloop state! So, install the uninstaller zip file to completely remove the Magisk installation.
Download the Magisk Uninstaller zip file from the same Magisk download link provided above. Install the zip file the way you have installed the Installer zip file.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on MIUI 12?
Install the ROOT checker app to verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
- Open the Root Checker app and then tap on the Verify Root Status
- If asked, grant the permission to superuser request.
That’s all on rooting MIUI 12. Subscribe to the MIUI forum to get everything MIUI specific topics. Login to leave a comment if you have any concern or unable to root your phone running on MIUI 12.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.