Tagged: Android Oreo, AOSP Extended, Aquaris M5, AymenDe7, piccolo
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 3 months ago by shibaa987.
December 11, 2017 at 5:21 PM #29940shibaa987Moderator
AOSP based AOSPExtended Oreo for Aquaris M5 is now available via a development version. This Android Oreo ROM for Aquaris M5 (piccolo) is brought to you by AymenDe7.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to AymenDe7:
Donate to AymenDe7
If you want the OFFICIAL update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Oreo ROMs devices list page.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF ANDROID OREO (Android 8.0), WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Aquaris M5 requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- Status of AOSPExtended Oreo ROM for Aquaris M5
- Required Downloads of AOSPExtended Oreo ROM ROM for Aquaris M5
- Installing AOSPExtended Oreo ROM on Aquaris M5
- Rooting the AOSPExtended Oreo ROM ROM on Aquaris M5
Status of Aquaris M5 AOSPExtended Oreo 8.0 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– adb & mtp connectivity
– Internal & External Storage
– Audio & Video playback
– SensorsKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera video recording is broken (Footej and open camera app works fine though)
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE Aquaris M5 OREO ROM:
- TWRP recovery download link for Aquaris M5 Oreo ROM
– Follow this guide: How to Install TWRP on Aquaris M5 using Fastboot (This requires an unlocked bootloader)
- ROM Download link to AOSPExtended Oreo ROM for Aquaris M5
- Oreo GApps Download Link for Aquaris M5 Oreo ROM
- Enable ROOT on Aquaris M5 Oreo ROM
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE ANDROID OREO FOR Aquaris M5 (ANDROID OREO 8.0, AOSPExtended ROM):
Follow this to update Android Oreo on Aquaris M5 for the first time or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the Aquaris M5 Android Oreo ROM zip file from the above download link and copy the files to phone.
- Flash the Aquaris M5 Oreo AOSPExtended ROM zip from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a ROM zip using TWRP.
Upgrading from earlier version of AOSPExtended Android Oreo ROM for Aquaris M5:
- Copy the latest Aquaris M5 Oreo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Android Oreo AOSPExtended ROM ZIP from your phone and wait till it finishes flashing.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Aquaris M5. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
To root this Aquaris M5 Oreo AOSPExtended ROM, flash the SuperSU and then Profit !!!Stay tuned or Subscribe to the BQ Aquaris M5 forum For other Android Oreo ROMs, Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
If you have any BUGs or issue to report then here is the dev thread for this ROM.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.