Tagged: Android Oreo, AOSP ROM, Redmi 2, s.sawrav, wt88047
AOSP based Android Oreo for Redmi 2 is now available via a development version. This Android Oreo ROM for Redmi 2 (wt88047) is brought to you by developer s.sawrav.
– No donation link found for s.sawrav.
If you want the OFFICIAL update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Oreo ROMs devices list page.
– Follow this guide: How to Install TWRP on Redmi 2 using Fastboot (This requires an unlocked bootloader)
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
adb reboot recovery
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Redmi 2. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
If you have any BUGs or issue to report then here is the dev thread for this ROM.