The latest TWRP for Redmi 6 is now available to download from an unofficial build.
On this Redmi 6 TWRP recovery guide, you will find the TWRP Download for Redmi 6 and a step by step guide to update/install TWRP on Redmi 6.
This TWRP for Redmi 6 is built by TWRP Builder
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to BlackMesa123 and TWRP project:
– Donate to TWRP Builder
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
INSTALLING TWRP ON Redmi 6 MAY BRICK AND ERASE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- Redmi 6 TWRP information
- Required downloads to install TWRP for Redmi 6
- How to install TWRP for Redmi 6
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Redmi 6
- RMM lock bypass on Redmi 6 using ODIN
- Required downloads and guides for Redmi 6 ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Redmi 6 ROOTING guide
- How to check if Redmi 6 is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Redmi 6:
– TWRP version:-1 for Redmi 6
– Supported Android Version: Unknown
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP based Android ROMs
Redmi 6 TWRP DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
- Redmi 6 Phone, USB cable and a Windows PC installed with ODIN Application
- Xiaomi USB driver Download Link
- TWRP download for Redmi 6
- latest no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip download link
What to do after you install TWRP for Redmi 6:
Now your Redmi 6 is installed with the TWRP recovery and you may disconnect your phone. Here are some more guides using the TWRP recovery:
- You can bypass RMM lock on Redmi 6
- You can root the Redmi 6
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 6
- How to reset Android using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Redmi 6.
But before you can use the TWRP on Redmi 6, you have to bypass the RMM lock.
Follow the below step by step instructions to bypass RMM lock on Redmi 6.
How to flash RMM bypass zip on Redmi 6 using TWRP recovery:
- Restart the Redmi 6 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- You need to decrypt the /data partition on the Redmi 6- Go to Wipe>Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When /data partition is wiped, go the the TWRP home screen and reboot into TWRP recovery.
– This time the /data partition would be mounted by TWRP. [THIS IS IMPORTANT]
- Now download and copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and RMM bypass.zip file to Redmi 6. (You can download the files from the above downloads section)
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and RMM bypass zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install both the zip file on Redmi 6, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT (you replace with RMM patch) for Redmi 6 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and RMM bypass zip file on Redmi 6. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a fully featured TWRP on Redmi 6.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Redmi 6 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.