RevengeOS 4.0 is released recently and the official update of the same for Redmi Note 4 / 4x is far away. What if I will say we already have the RevengeOS 4.0 for Redmi Note 4 / 4x? Yes, RevengeOS 4.0 which is based on RevengeOS 4.0, is now available for Redmi Note 4 / 4x.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install RevengeOS 4.0 on Redmi Note 4 / 4x. This build is brought to you by developer Invisiblek.
About RevengeOS 4.0
RevengeOS is a custom Android OS distribution project which is run by Dineshsuriya, Fabian Arlt, Giamma, Mendel E., Mohammed Tauseef, Nawab meeravali, Zhenxiang Chen, and chityanj.
We are dedicated to fast, stable and mininal customization rom, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code.
RevengeOS, having an objective as above, is quite a popular custom ROM for various devices. And, RevengeOS 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
Donation to Developer(s)
- Donation link not found.
- Unlocked Bootloader on Redmi Note 4 / 4x
- TWRP for Redmi Note 4 / 4x – [button anchor=”Download TWRP” url=”https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredminote4.html” size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
- GApps for RevengeOS 4.0
Redmi Note 4 / 4x StatiXOS 4.0 Build Information (latest build)
- ro.build.date=Tue Sep 15 11:20:49 CEST 2020
- ro.build.description=revengeos_mido-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.009 d78c741c23 test-keys
How to Update Redmi Note 4 / 4x to RevengeOS 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing RevengeOS 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 4 / 4x
Redmi Note 4 / 4x bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 4 / 4x.
Install custom recovery on Redmi Note 4 / 4x
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Redmi Note 4 / 4x. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi Note 4 / 4x.
- TWRP for Redmi Note 4 / 4x
- OrangeFox for Redmi Note 4 / 4x
Install RevengeOS 4.0 on Redmi Note 4 / 4x
- Download the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM for Redmi Note 4 / 4x and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install RevengeOS 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
ADB Sideload the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into RevengeOS 4.0 on Redmi Note 4 / 4x which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the RevengeOS 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on your Redmi Note 4 / 4x.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this RevengeOS 4.0 ROM.
Also, visit the Redmi Note 4 / 4x (mido) page to get other RevengeOS 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.