The latest Android 11 for Redmi Note 8, is now available to download and install from Android 11 custom ROM builds. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install Android 11 on Redmi Note 8.
- ADB over USB
- Permissive SELinux
- Wifi Display
Other Resources Required to Install Android 11 on Redmi Note 8
How to Update Redmi Note 8 to Android 11?
Installing Android 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 8 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 8.
Install custom recovery on Redmi Note 8
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Redmi Note 8. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi Note 8.
- TWRP for Redmi Note 8
- OrangeFox for Redmi Note 8
Install Android 11 on Redmi Note 8
- Download the Android 11 ROM for Redmi Note 8 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System, and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise, you will lose all your phone data!
- Install Android 11 using TWRP recovery
ADB Sideload the Android 11 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 11 on Redmi Note 8.
Well, after installing the Android 11 zip file you are done with the Android 11 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 11 ROM on your Redmi Note 8.
GApps are not part of this Android 11 build. So, you need to install Android 11 GApps to be able to use Google Play Store and other basic Google services.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Also, visit the Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.