Many working ports of Google Camera for OnePlus 5/5T are now available to download which is built by Nikita and Urnyx05. The key feature of the OnePlus 5 / 5T GCam are Night Sight, Astrophotography mode, HDR+ etc.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for OnePlus 5 / 5T.
- GCam 8.1
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 6.1
The GCam 8.1 for OnePlus 5 / 5T is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The GCam 7.0 and later versions have brought better Night Sight, Astrophotography mode on OnePlus 5 / 5T along with other features like HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 10, and Android 11.
Status of this Google Camera
– Almost everything
How to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 5 / 5T?
- Download one of the GCam apk for OnePlus 5/5T from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this sourceSee the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on OnePlus 5/5T.
Few more config
How to get smoother slowmo: go to Settings > Advanced > Stream Config > Stream Mode and Set SlowMotion
How to Install xml config file on Nikita’s GCam?
- Download one of the xml config file (Nik-8.1-OP5-5T-non-root.xml) from the above download link of Nikita’s GCam 8.1.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file there:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs7 for GCam 7.x or Configs8 for GCam 8.1 (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in the relevant directory with respect to the GCam version you have installed.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
New features keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 5/5T. This page will have all available working GCam for OnePlus 5 / 5T.