A working mod of Google Camera 7.2 or GCam for Lenovo K6 Power running on Android 10 or Android Pie is now available to download which is built by cstark27. This build of GCam 7.2 for Lenovo K6 Power has all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.2, hence you get the same on this GCam for Lenovo K6 Power, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Lenovo K6 Power GCam 7.2
Google Camera 7.2 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.2 for Lenovo K6 Power.
– Verify and enable Camera2 API (requires an unlocked bootloader)
Where to Download GCam 7.2 for Lenovo K6 Power?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Lenovo K6 Power:
Google Camera 7.2 for Lenovo K6 Power (with Night sight and Astrophotography mode)
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Lenovo K6 Power?
- Download the GCam 7.2 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Lenovo K6 Power.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, so there is no settings that needs to be enabled. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK for Lenovo K6 Power
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
– GCam APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
– Google Camera by Arnova8G2
– Google Camera by San1ty
That’s all for the Lenovo K6 Power’s Google camera 7.2 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Lenovo K6 Power.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Lenovo K6 Power. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Lenovo K6 Power.