Xiaomi launched Redmi 7 smartphone back in March this year. It comes with the 6.26-inch IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1520 pixels of resolution and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. The Redmi 7 runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box along with MIUI 9 running op top.
The phone featured with dual camera sensors on the backside, 12-megapixel main camera and 2-megapixel secondary camera. Xiaomi Redmi 7 powered by Octa – COre Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 506 GPU. It has Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery inside the body and supports Fast battery charging 10W feature. On the backside, there also is a fingerprint scanner.
Here in this article, we will guide you how to root Redmi 7 and install TWRP custom Recovery on it. For rooting your phone, you need to unlock your phone bootloader mode. After you can install custom recovery on your phone and install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even back up and restore any ROM. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your phone you can use either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone and gain root access.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- Flash Custom ROM on your device using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot your device using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU.
- Flash the image file on your device using TWRP Recovery.
- You can underclock and overclock.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules on your device using TWRP.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can install Magisk on your device.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Remove all bloatware from your device using TWRP Recovery.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data in your device.
Advantages of Rooting
- You can get access to all files on your device, even the files which present in the root directory of your device.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking your device.
- You can uninstall Bloatware on your phone.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
- By Rooting your device, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
If anything happens to your device during this process or after this process, we will not responsible for. So. proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Redmi 7 and install TWRP Recovery
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop for this procedure.
- Make sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked. If not then click on the link (Unlock Bootloader).
- Before starting this procedure, make sure to take a full backup of your phone.
- Make sure that your phone charged up to 60%.
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi 7. Don’t try on other devices.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi Redmi 7 USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
- TWRP download For Xiaomi Redmi 7:
TWRP version: 3.4.0-0
- Download SuperSU
- Download Magisk
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 7
- Go to the ABD and Fastboot folder and run the command prompt by holding the Shift key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Now click on the Open PowerShell window here.
- Now, reboot your phone into Fastboot mode by press and hold the Volume Down + Power key together for a few seconds.
- Now connect your phone to the Windows PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Now write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- again, write the following command to reboot your phone.
You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on Redmi 7 smartphone.
Note – Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk
Root Redmi 7 using SuperSU
- Download SuperSU zip file on your Windows PC or Laptop, download link mention in the download section.
- Now transfer the SuperSU zip file into your phone’s root (internal) memory.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down and Power button together for few seconds. In case this is not taking you into TWRP Recovery Mode, then try Volume UP and Power Button. In some phone, you can access the recovery menu by this.
- Once you inside TWRP recovery, tap on install and select superSU zip file.
- Now swipe to confirm.
- Now tap on reboot.
You have successfully root Xiaomi Redmi 7 smartphone using SuperSU.
Root Redmi 7 using Magisk
- Download Magisk zip file on your Windows PC or Laptop, download link mention in the download section.
- Now transfer the Magisk zip file into your phone’s root (internal) memory.
- Once you inside TWRP recovery, tap on install and select Magisk zip file.
- Now swipe to confirm.
- Now tap on reboot.
That’s it, you have root Redmi 7 smartphone successfully and install TWRP on it. If you face any problem or issue during the process, let us know in the comment section.