Xiaomi is one of the smartphone company that launches budget-friendly smartphones with great and amazing specs and features. The company launched the Redmi 7 smartphone in march this year. It a successor of the Redmi 6 phone. Here in this article, we will guide you how to unlock Redmi 7 bootloader. This is an official method. To root and install custom recovery on your phone you need to unblock your phone’s bootloader first.
First of all, let’s take a look at Xiaomi Redmi 7 specs and features. Xiaomi Redmi 7 is a budget smartphone comes with the 6.26-inch IPS display panel that supports 720 x 1520 pixels of resolution and offers 19:9 aspect ratio. The Redmi 7 runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box along with MIUI 9 running op top.
The phone featured with dual camera sensors on the backside, 12-megapixel main camera and 2-megapixel secondary camera. Xiaomi Redmi 7 powered by Octa – COre Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 506 GPU. It has Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery inside the body and supports Fast battery charging 10W feature. On the backside, there also is a fingerprint scanner.
If you have this amazing smartphone and want to unlock Xiaomi Redmi 7 bootloader, then this article is right for you. Follow the article step by step to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 7 smartphone. There are many advantages of the unlock bootloader like-
- you can install custom recoveries like TWRP and CWM
- You can root your phone.
- You can flash any custom ROMs on your phone.
How to unlock Redmi 7 bootloader
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop for this procedure.
- Before start procedure, make sure to take a full backup of your phone. unlocking bootloader will wipe your all phone data and media.
- Make sure that your phone charged up to 60%.
- Make sure you Xiaomi Redmi 7 USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi unlock tool on your PC/laptop.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 7
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi unlock tool on your PC or Laptop from above link.
- Now go to the extracted Xiaomi Mi unlock tool folder and run the tool.
- Now, log in using your Mi Account. If you don’t have, create first.
- After logged in, you will get a pop-up message on the screen “You device isn’t supported by Xiaomi Unlock”. Don’t worry, click on go button. This will take you to the Mi Unlock page.
- Now, click on unlock now button, it will ask you to log in again, fill the required details and proceed to enter your mobile number.
- To verify your phone number, you will receive an OTP. Enter the code to verify.
- Now, you are successfully registered in the bootloader unlocking program. It will take 3-5 days to verify your application.
- You will get an email or text on your phone number when your application is verified.
- After your application approved, you will get a new OTP on your phone number. Go to the unlocking page and enter the received OTP to verify.
- Open the Xiaomi Mi unlock tool application, connect your phone to PC or Laptop via USB cable and press the unlock button.
- The process will take a few seconds to unlock your phone bootloader.
That’s it, your Xiaomi Redmi 7 bootloader is unlocked now. You can install custom recoveries, flash custom ROMs and you can also root your device. If you faced any problem or issue during the procedure, feel free to contact us via comment section.