How to Update Lineage OS on top of CyanogenMod ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

EXPERIMENTAL builds are ONLY meant to help users to migrate from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1. WEEKLY builds are periodic builds with Lineage OS feature updates and BUG fixes.

So, the EXPERIMENTAL build and the WEEKLY build is different.

By the way, for which device are you looking for the EXPERIMENTAL and WEEKLY builds ??

Linux User
    Participant

I guess you have to go for a clean flash. Meaning, you have to wipe the data to update to Lineage OS 14.1 ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

My device is mi 4w on linage nightly 14.1and when I connects my bluetooh headset in it all the buttons are working but I can not listen music but in case of call it is working. And please give an option to change the volume buttons as camera button other than zoom. Please fix all the bugs and upload an ui.

Linux User
    Participant

I don’t really have a problem with that. So I can follow the instruction wiping everything first and flashing a nightly right?

Linux User
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I really can’t find the Experimental verion to migrate my galaxy S3 i9300 from cm 14.1 to L OS.
    I alredy got the latest Nightly (weekly) and the gapps but wherever i search there a no experimental versions to download.

Could someone help me please?

• This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

@bigdrako Yes, that’s what you have to do, just wipe everything and then flash the new Lineage OS 14.1 NIGHTLY zip using a custom recovery. Following guides may help you:
    How to wipe data, system using TWRP
    How to flash a custom ROM using TWRP

Also make sure to have the GApps for Lineage OS 14.1 in hand to flash after the Lineage OS installation.

You can have a look in the big list of Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs to find for your device.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Shibaa, I am on UNOFFICAL LiangeOS 14.1, can I install latest ‘OFFICIAL WEEKLY Lineage OS build’ downloaded from above link?. After flashing will my data be erased ?

Linux User
    Participant

I’m sorry but can someone just post the link for the experimental builds and weekly builds? or are they the same? Because according to the way he’s saying it, its different

*I can’t find any weekly builds btw

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I have CyanogenMod version 13.1.1-ZNH2KAS2X1 (Android 6.01, Build MHC19Q) on a OnePlus One A0001.
    Due to travels i was unable to upgrade to Lineage sooner but now am keen to get it done.
    Is the option to upgrade to Lineage from CM 13.1 still available?

Ideally i would like to keep all apps and data intact through the upgrade process and not wipe the phone.

I have managed to find a few Lineage 13 downloads but i am not sure if they are experimental or not. Reading this it seems that they have to be. Also if i need to upgrade to CM 14.x first without wiping please advise.

Can someone give me a few pointers or assistance in finding the correct walk-through as the last time i installed a mod, things went awry and i had to wipe it.

Thanks
    B

Linux User
    Participant

To Fix Google apps try flash gapps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.