Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (May 2024) Forums Lenovo Device Forums K3 Note – aio_otfp Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=19378]
    there is only one thing that iam concerned about and that is the RAMusage(1,7Gb of 1,8GB used?!)
    there is only 50 MB left of the usage..
    Also after killing all the running apps, the usage remain the same..
    can somebody tell me more about this?
    or does anybody have an solution? because i want to stick on this ROM..
    [/quote]

Is there a lagging in device response when all the RAM is used??

Sometimes it may happen that when the system is exhausted with the memory it may have a soft reboot (basically a kernel panic or kernel crash).

If you face similar issue then there is an underlying issue otherwise you should not be worried much of the backend process, that’s what is my opinion.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi

I flashed the daniel_hk Lineage 14.1 rom and I have found that after installing and enabling a substratum there will be different issues that prevent the phone from working correctly.

After enabling one theme the phone will reboot whenever root access is used and with another the System UI stops responding.

I tried re flashing but this had no effect.

Linux User
    Participant

The only issue for me is being unable to use double-tap to wake. Could you please check this out? Thank you and great job!!

Linux User
    Participant

I was trying to install ‘lineage-14.1-20170312-UNOFFICIAL-aio_otfp.zip’ from Daniel_hk and it gave an error ‘E3004: This package is for device: K50-t5,aoi_otfp, aoi_otfp_m,K3Note; this device is K50’. What should I do? Which ROM should I use for ‘K50’?
    Note: under ‘Settings > About Phone > Device Information’ it says ‘Model number’ is K50a40.

Linux User
    Participant

Ok, so I installed RENICE V6 custom kernel and that got it done. Amazing.

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for the information. Looks like the kernel image on the Lineage ROM is missing with double tap to wake functionality.

Linux User
    Participant

I believe it’s just the assert() in the updater_script in the ROM which is causing this failure. It is risky to do so, but you can remove the assert() code from the updater_script of the ROM and flash the ROM.

Why is it risky to do so?

The ROM might be built only for the device codenames mentioned in assert() file and there by removing the assert() code you are allowing to flash this ROM in any phone. Yes, you read it right, in any phone. If it is not meant for your phone, then IT MAY BE BRICKED permanently. So, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Linux User
    Participant

That sounds good.

Cheers.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi i am stuck on the Lenovo booting logo. Any solutions?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26447]I have flashed the rom but have issues with the sims. I’m in india and using jio and airtel sims but none of them is working.Hope you can help me with that.
    [/quote]

With which build are you facing this issue?? daniel_hk’s or Adeveloper79’s build ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.