RevengeOS 4.0 is released recently and the official update of the same for Redmi Note 7 is far away. What if I will say we already have the RevengeOS 4.0 for Redmi Note 7? Yes, RevengeOS 4.0 which is based on RevengeOS 4.0, is now available for Redmi Note 7.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install RevengeOS 4.0 on Redmi Note 7. This build is brought to you by developer Invisiblek.
About RevengeOS 4.0
RevengeOS is a custom Android OS distribution project which is run by Dineshsuriya, Fabian Arlt, Giamma, Mendel E., Mohammed Tauseef, Nawab meeravali, Zhenxiang Chen, and chityanj.
We are dedicated to fast, stable and mininal customization rom, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code.
RevengeOS, having an objective as above, is quite a popular custom ROM for various devices. And, RevengeOS 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
Donation to Developer(s)
- Donation link not found.
Installing a custom ROM requires a little bit of advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation, etc.
If not done properly it may leave your phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build for Redmi Note 7 which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
Download RevengeOS 4.0 for Redmi Note 7
Below is the direct download link to the RevengeOS 4.0 build for Redmi Note 7.[CMDM-download id=122661]
Other Requirements to Install LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 7
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
Redmi Note 7 StatiXOS 4.0 Build Information (latest build)
- ro.build.date=Tue Sep 15 11:20:49 CEST 2020
Note- Tell us in the comment section.
How to Update Redmi Note 7 to RevengeOS 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing RevengeOS 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 7 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 7.
Install custom recovery on Redmi Note 7
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Redmi Note 7. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi Note 7.
Install RevengeOS 4.0 on Redmi Note 7
- Download the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM for Redmi Note 7 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise, you will lose all your phone data!– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install RevengeOS 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
ADB Sideload the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above-mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into RevengeOS 4.0 on Redmi Note 7 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the RevengeOS 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on your Redmi Note 7.
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports Android 11 rooting.
You can either follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or Guide to Root Redmi Note 7.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 7
Also, visit the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) page to get other RevengeOS 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.