Recently launched Vivo Y55s 5G is a mid ranger phone with a Mediatek Dimensity 810 5G chipset inside.
It comes with a triple camera setup, out of which the primary camera is 50MP, an 8MP ultrawide and a 5MP macro shooter. The stock has a good camera software but that can be further enhanced with a GCam APK.
In fact, there are few compatible GCam mods available for the phone which are brought to you by BSG.
Available version of GCam
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also comes, so I am listing out all available versions of the mod for Vivo Y55s 5G so that you can get to know when we have an update, right from the below list.
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
What Extra Do You Get on Google Camera?
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Vivo Y55s 5G:
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
– Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the Vivo Y55s 5G. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
– Most of the stock camera apps have a pro mode, which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
– Although this camera mod captures much better photos with the automatic mode, but still if you are someone who uses the Manual Mode mostly, then this might not be for you!
Compatibility Status of GCam on Vivo Y55s 5G
– All basic features
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for Vivo Y55s 5G?
Visit the Downloads section to get all the compatible GCam Mod APK file(s).
How to Install Google Camera on the Phone?
- Download any compatible GCam mod APK for Vivo Y55s 5G from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on the phone.
You can also visit our known issues list for google camer which might be helpful.
New features and updates of the GCam mod keeps coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam available for the Vivo Y55s 5G today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.
You can visit the GCam Vivo page to download compatible google camera ports for other Vivo phones.