A working mod of Google Camera or GCam for Vivo S1 Pro running on Android Pie or Android 10 is now available to download which is ported by parrot043. This build of GCam APK for Vivo S1 Pro should have all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera, hence you get the same on this GCam for Vivo S1 Pro, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Vivo S1 Pro GCam
GCam 9.2 for Vivo S1 Pro is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available versions of GCam for the phone.
- GCam 9.2 (Latest Version)
- GCam 8.1 (MGC 8.1.1_A9_GV1r_qcamera3.apk)
- GCam 7.3
Compatibility Status of GCam on Vivo S1 Pro
- Portrait mode, Night Sight mode etc.
- All other basic features
What’s not working?
- Nothing reported yet
Where to Download the Vivo S1 Pro GCam port?
As mentioned in the list of compatible Google Camera apks for Vivo S1 Pro, here are the direct download links for the same.
|Android 9 and later
|20th February 2024
How to Install Google Camera on Vivo S1 Pro?
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Vivo S1 Pro. Visit the following link in case you want to verify the same:
Verify and enable Camera2 API
- Download a compatible GCam APK port for vivo S1 Pro from the below download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
- For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
- Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Vivo S1 Pro.
Troubleshooting GCam Issues
In case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera mod then leave a comment so that we can find out a solution for you!
You can also visit our known issues list for google camera which lists some known issues on this Gcam port, which might be helpful as well.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Vivo S1 Pro Google Camera
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam for Vivo S1 Pro. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
When the display shows something like “Astrophotography on” or “Phone is steady” or “Capturing cuttlefish” while capturing photo in Night Sight mode, then most likely it is shooting in astrophotography mode otherwise not.
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Stock Camera vs GCam on Vivo S1 Pro
The default camera app that comes on the phone and the Google Camera port has significant differences to consider which one to use! To be able to take a wise decision on different occasions, I will list down all the similarities and/or differences between these two camera apps.
Let’s have a look at the below detailed section so that you can understand things in a better way.
What’s better on the Vivo camera?
Well, the default camera app that comes on the phone is equally good and provides several features that the GCam does not have.
Just to tell you, the camera is more or less similar as the stock camera.
Let’s have a look at the below features that is available on Vivo S1 Pro’s default Camera but not on GCam:
- Pro mode that provides pro level features such as ISO control, shutter speed etc.
- Better compatibility with all camera sensors
- Allows to capture in 48MP
Advantages on Google camera / GCam on Vivo S1 Pro
People know the GCam app several years from now since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Vivo S1 Pro:
- Night Sight mode that gets you better exposed images in low light.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in this features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ captures a natural looking image in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect in the portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
Disadvantages of GCam
- Finding the right gcam port for Vivo S1 Pro is neither a straight forward task nor easy
- Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the Vivo S1 Pro. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
- The stock camera apps has a pro mode, which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
- Sometimes not all cameras available to use.
- May require advanced settings to use the high resolution mode on the primary camera.
Of course GCam is good but that does not mean the Vivo camera is bad. GCam provides better image quality, it has several features of its own which out performs the stock camera app.
But Vivo’s stock camera also has some good features which cannot be overlooked such as the Pro features, Vlogging features, and better hardware compatibility.
Summarizing it all, GCam will not replace the Vivo camera rather both the camera apps can be installed on the same phone and you can use each app for which it better suits to your needs.
New features and updates of the GCam APK keep coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam ports available for the Vivo S1 Pro today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.
Visit the Vivo gcam ports page to download compatible google camera ports for other Vivo phones as well.