Motorola launched the Moto G7 Plus in the Q1 of 2019. The device falls under the mid-range category and packs some decent specs, the main USP of the device being the dual-camera setup at the back with OIS. The official TWRP have included some new smartphones to its support list and the Moto G7 Plus is among them. Moreover, in this post, we will guide you on how to download and install official TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus. The base Android version on the Moto G7 Plus is the Android 9 Pie and you get a clean UI on the device. The Moto G7 Plus is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset paired with the Adreno 509 GPU. The device has 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 1 TB via microSD. Another nice feature is in the display of the device that is a Full HD+ 6.2-inch, 19:9 aspect ratio waterdrop notched display. The dual camera set-up includes a 16MP primary + 5MP depth sensor.
Now, the official TWRP Recovery means that you get official builds from the TWRP website. Moreover, the latest version of the TWRP comes with new enhanced features. You get an easy to use interface as well as other customization features. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
How To Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus
What is TWRP?
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a custom touch recovery that is GUI based. TWRP allows the following features:
- Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage or OTG devices
- Custom Firmware installation
- Partition wiping
- File deletion
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support depending on the device
Download Link for the Official TWRP Recovery for Moto G7 Plus
Thanks to developers, for working hard for developing the TWRP Recovery for various smartphones. The TWRP has extended their support to more number of devices and the Moto G7 Plus was also recently included. You can download the official version of the TWRP Recovery for the Moto G7 Plus from the website of TWRP or by clicking the button below;[button anchor=”TWRP Recovery for Moto G7 Plus” url=”https://dl.twrp.me/lake/” size=”lg” style=”material” color=”juicy-orange” block=”yes”]
Once you have downloaded the official TWRP for the Moto G7 Plus, you can go ahead with the stepwise installation instructions mentioned below. However, you need some pre-requisites given below;
- You need to have unlocked the bootloader of the Moto G7 Plus
- Make sure that your device is charged for at least 50% or more
- Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download the TWRP image file from the download section
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus
- Firstly, go to Settings on your smartphone.
- You need to enable the USB debugging option. For this, under the Settings menu go to About Phone>>Tap on the Build Number 7 Times until you see a pop-up “You are now a developer”.
- Now, head back to the Settings menu and expand the Additional Settings option.
- Open Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging.
- Under Developer Settings also enable the OEM unlock.
- After this, turn OFF your device and boot into the Fastboot mode. For this press and hold the Volume Down + Power key together until you see Fastboot Mode on your screen.
- While you are in the Fastboot mode, connect your Moto G7 Plus smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Change the name of the TWRP image file (downloaded from the link given above) to “twrp.img”. (Note that this is not a mandatory step to change the name of the file but, make sure that the name of the file is same for step 8 and 11)
- Copy the image file to “C:\adb location (where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot files on your computer).
- In the same folder, press shift and right-click on the empty area to open a command prompt or a PowerShell window.
- Now, enter the below command to install TWRP on Moto G7 Plus;
[highlight color=”#000000″]fastboot flash recovery twrp.img[/highlight]
- Once you have entered the above command, the TWRP installation on your device will start.
- That’s it1 You have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery image on your Moto G7 Plus device.
Once you have installed TWRP Recovery image on your Moto G7 Plus device then you can go ahead and root your device. Moreover, you can also enjoy features like flashing zip files, mods, restricted apps, etc.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and also were successful in installing the TWRP Recovery image on your Moto G7 Plus device. Please do let us know in the comments below if you faced any difficulties while following any of the above-mentioned methods while installing the TWRP recovery on your device. Until the next post…Cheers!