A working mod of Google Camera or GCam for Motorola One Hyper running on Android Pie or Android 10 is now available to download which is ported by parrot043 and Arnova8G2. This build of GCam for Motorola One Hyper should have all the basic features working.
Available GCam versions for Motorola One Hyper
Below are the available version(s) of Google Camera APK for Motorola One Hyper
- GCam 7.3
The GCam 7.x versions(s) bring Astrophotography mode and better night sight mode to the Motorola One Hyper along with other older features such as HDR+, Timelapse, portrait mode, etc. The available GCam port(s) are compatible on Android 10.
Android compatibility of Motorola One Hyper GCam
Google Camera 7.0 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.0 for Motorola One Hyper.
– Verify and enable Camera2 API
Where to Download GCam for Motorola One Hyper?
You can find all the download links to compatible GCams for Motorola One Hyper.
NOTE: Comment below if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Motorola One Hyper?
- Download the GCam from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Motorola One Hyper.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Motorola One Hyper Google Camera
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam for Motorola One Hyper. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK on Motorola One Hyper
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
– GCam APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
– Google Camera by Arnova8G2
– Google Camera by San1ty
That’s all for the Motorola One Hyper’s Google camera with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Motorola One Hyper.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Motorola One Hyper. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Motorola One Hyper.