Do you want to know how to unlock the bootloader of Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J], and want to tweak system settings as well as customize your device? If yes, then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J]. Moreover, the first step in customizing the device is basically unlocking the bootloader, after which you can go ahead and install TWRP as well as root your device. Rooting your device gives you the administrative or developer privileges by which you can install custom ROMs, install TWRP Recovery to flash any zip file, install restricted applications and more. You can also install a mod application on your device without any problems.
But, one thing to note is that the unlocking of bootloader voids the warranty of your device. So, it is better to let the warranty period get over and then unlock the bootloader on your device. However, if you love customization and tweaking with the settings of your device to explore new features on your device then, you are at the right place. The Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J] has the USP in its processor as it is developed considering gamers in mind. Note that this guide is only for the Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J] smartphone and we would not recommend you to perform the steps mentioned in this post for any other device.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specs Review of Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J]
The Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J] was released in June 2019. This device is the gaming beast and packs in some high-end specs for the gamers. It is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor which is paired with 8GB of RAM and coupled with Adreno 640 GPU for powerful gaming performance. The device has a massive battery capacity of 5000 mAh. Moreover, you get the option of only one storage i.e. 128GB. The device lacks the dedicated expandable storage slot option. In the display department, you get a 6.65-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels with 388 PPI. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box.
Moreover, in the camera department, you get a single-camera setup with the latest Exmor-RS CMOS Sensor 48MP sensor (f/1.8). The features include Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, and Touch to focus. The camera features HDR, and panorama, etc. In the front, you get a single selfie camera which is housed in the bezel that sports a 16MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture. Another, nice feature that you get with the device is the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Nubia Red Magic [NX629J]
But, before we head-on with the step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Nubia Red Magic [NX629J] device, let us take a look at what is unlock bootloader and what advantages and disadvantages are there if you unlock the bootloader?
What is Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a piece of software that, will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
However, there are some disadvantages with unlocking the bootloader;
- You can void your warranty.
- There will be issues with official OTA updates.
- Moreover, you can brick your device or stuck in a boot loop if you do not follow the steps to unlock the bootloader carefully.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
- You need a Windows Laptop/Desktop
- Make sure that you charge your device to at least 60% or more
- Take a complete backup of your device
- USB Cable
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Nubia Red Magic 3 USB Drivers on your PC
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Nubia Red Magic 3
As already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install custom ROMs, restricted apps, etc on your device. Please follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of the device;[su_note note_color=”#FBF4DD” text_color=”#A38C68″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]NOTE: Before we begin with the unlocking of bootloader, I would strongly recommend you to create a backup of your device storage and all your files stored on your device. Unlocking of bootloader will wipe off the entire data on your device. Moreover, it is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or bricking of your device. If anything goes wrong the author or Cynogenmods.org are not responsible for it.[/su_note]
- Firstly, you need to enable the Developer Options on your device.
- To do this, go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable the OEM Unlock option as well. To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable OEM Unlock.
- Download and set-up the ADB and Fastboot tools on our PC.
- Now, you need to connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Wait until all the USB Drivers get installed on your PC.
- Now, head to the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools, and open the CMD or command prompt.
- Now, in the command prompt, enter the below command and press the Enter button on your keyboard;
- You will get a pop-up on your smartphone with a message “Always allow from this computer”. You need to press OK
- Type the below command to enter the bootloader mode, and press Enter;
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the below command to check whether your device is detected by the PC and all the Fastboot drivers are installed correctly or not;
(If your device’s serial number is listed in the list of connected devices then, you are good to go ahead. But, if your device’s serial number is not listed on the list then, you need to install all the drivers again)
- Then enter the below command;
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J
- Now, enter the below command;
fastboot flashing unlock
- Lastly, enter the final command;
That’s it! You have finally unlocked the bootloader of the Tecno Camon 11 smartphone.
Source: Xda Developers
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J] device. Note that this is method is only for unlocking the Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J] smartphone. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Nubia Red Magic 3 [NX629J] device by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!