If you are looking to update Oreo for Redmi 4A Android phone, then here I have list of Oreo ROMs and a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Oreo on Redmi 4A.
The Redmi 4A (codename: rolex) was last updated to Android Lollipop officially. Almost all Android phone manufacturers provide 2 years of official update and Redmi 4A is no exception.
It’s the custom ROM builds that keep the devices alive by providing latest Android updates there after. This is the primary reason I have brought you here, how to update Redmi 4A to Android Oreo 8.1 custom ROM.
Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROMs available for Redmi 4A:
As of now following are the Android Oreo Custom ROMs available for Redmi 4A based on Android 8.1:
Redmi 4A Android Oreo ROMs list
|LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8.1
|LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi 4A
|AOSP Oreo 8.1
|AOSP Oreo for Redmi 4A
|RR Oreo 8.1
|RR Oreo for Redmi 4A
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android Oreo on Redmi 4A:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Redmi 4A OREO ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSu ROOT package.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Update Android Oreo on Redmi 4A:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4A using fastboot.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean data using TWRP recovery
-Don’t clean Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Oreo ROMs available for Redmi 4A and copy the Oreo ROM file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install the Oreo ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Optional but recommended:
– Download Android Oreo 8.1 GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Oreo GApps using TWRP
– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Oreo ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Oreo on Redmi 4A.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM, then restart yuor phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
– This step is not necessary to run Android Oreo smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM then you need to follow this step.
If you are facing any issue while following this guide, then you can comment here or you can create a topic on the Redmi 4A Forum or on the respective Oreo Custom ROM topics.