Astrophotography for Google Pixel is now available on Google Camera 7.2 APK mod which is based on cstark27’s build. This post provides you a direct link to download Google Camera 7.2 APK mod for Google Pixel, that works almost flawless and guides you how to enable Astrophotography mode on the Google Pixel.
Why to install a Google camera mod over stock GCam app?
This GCam APK build is a Google camera mod and not he stock one primarily built for Google Pixel. The stock app lacks of the infinity focus and Astrophotography on legacy pixel phones.
So, it is the Google camera mod app that lets users enjoy the advanced photography with the legacy Pixel phones.
Status of this Google Pixel Google Camera 7.2 APK:
– Same as stock 7.2 with few added features as below
– Added Astrophotography
– Added Infinite focus
– Auto selfie timer (photobooth)
How to Install Google Camera 7.2 on Google Pixel?
- Download the cstark27’s GCam 7.2 apk for Google Pixel from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
Enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.2 APK. It could be a file manager, a browser, a social media app etc.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera 7.2 apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google Camera 7.2 app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Google Pixel.
How to enable Astrophotography on this Google Pixel’s Google Camera 7.2 APK:
As far as I know there no options to enable Astrophotography mode. This is enabled by default if following conditions are met.
There are few things required primarily to enable Astrophotography:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static
– There must be low light condition
– It takes few minutes for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Astrophotography on Google Pixel Camera 7.2
I used a tripod to keep the phone static and when I exposed the phone to low light conditions the astro photography mode automatically turned on and flashed on the screen. Below are some of the photos I have taken when the Astrophotography mode is ON.
It takes 30 seconds to capture one image in this mode.
Try other GCam APK for Pixel
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the Google Pixel’s Google Camera 7.2 APK.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera 7.2 app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Google Pixel. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Google Pixel.