Google Pixel 5 was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Google Pixel 5 is available to download. The compatible Google Camera or GCam port(s) for Google Pixel 5 are brought to you by Arnova8G2 & Urnyx05.
Available GCam versions for Google Pixel 5
GCam 8.0 for Google Pixel 5 is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Google Pixel 5
- GCam 8.0 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3
The GCam 8.0 for Google Pixel 5 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The GCam 7.4 has brought better Night Sight, Astrophotography mode on Google Pixel 5 along with other features like HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 10, and Android 11 (may be).
Status of this Google Pixel 5 Google Camera
– HDR+ Enhanced
– Portrait mode
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Almost everything
– Issues reported by users in the comment section
How to Install Google Camera on Google Pixel 5?
- Download any GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this sourceSee the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Google Pixel 5.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Google Pixel 5 Google Camera?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this GCam. In case you want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end and enable Astrophotography Mode under Astrophotography settings.
Below are the screenshots that show how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera version 7.0 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, the following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Google Pixel 5. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Google Pixel 5.