Recently launched Galaxy Flip3 5G is one of the high end phone that comes with Snapdragon 888 5G chipset inside.
It comes with a dual camera setup, out of which the primary camera is 12MP, and a 12MP ultrawide shooter. The stock has a good camera software but that can be further enhanced with a Google Camera APK.
In fact, there are few compatible GCam mods available for the phone which are brought to you by BSG.
Available version of GCam
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also comes, so I am listing out all available versions of the mod for Galaxy Flip3 so that you can get to know when we have an update, right from the below list.
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
What Extra Do You Get on Google Camera?
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Galaxy Flip3:
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
– Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the Galaxy Flip3. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
– Most of the stock camera apps have a pro mode, which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
– Although this camera mod captures much better photos with the automatic mode, but still if you are someone who uses the Manual Mode mostly, then this might not be for you!
Compatibility Status of GCam on Galaxy Flip3
– All basic features
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for Galaxy Flip3?
Visit the Downloads section to get all the compatible GCam Mod APK file(s).
How to Install Google Camera on the Phone?
- Download any compatible GCam mod APK for Galaxy Flip3 from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on the phone.
This compatible GCam for Z Flip3 comes with a preconfigured xml config file that is tuned to work with the best settings o capture better shots.
FOllow the below instructions to install this xml config file on the GCam that you just installed.
How to Install xml config file on Galaxy Z Flip3 GCam?
- Download the xml config file from the GCam APK download link.
In the download page, there is a drop down box to chose which file to download. Select the xml config file and then click on the Download button.
- Once the GCam mod is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7 for GCam 7 and Configs8 for GCam 8
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam mod app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
You can also visit our known issues list for google camer which might be helpful.
New features and updates of the GCam mod keeps coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam available for the Galaxy Flip3 today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.