How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Android Phone – Using Fastboot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

@manuel1990
    Got the below ZTE Axon 7 bootloader unlock link and follow as directed in the link:

ZTE Axon 7 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

The guide is for ZTE Axon 7 though.
    You can try the same thing on ZTE Axon 7S and see if it really works for you or not!

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24326]The term ‘$’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
    spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    [/quote]

You need to remove the $ from the command that you are executing.
    Execute only the following:
    fastboot oem unlock

Linux User
    Participant

Trying to install TWRP on a Lenovo P1a42. I am stuck at step 1 of unlocking the bootloader.
    1. I downloaded and installed the ADB & Fastboot installer and the OEM/Google usb drivers. When I try to use the command “adb …..” , it fails and says “adb not recognized as an internal or external command or operable program”. I can see the abd folder with 5 files under my C:\ drive.
    2. Cannot locate the correct TWRP file.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @Shibaa987, First of all Thanks for your guides and support.

Now, Im getting stucked in the last step, after typing the commands “fastboot oem unlock” or “fastboot -i 0x19d2 oem unlock” appear a message “< waiting for any device >” then nothing happens.

I’m sure that all is ready (USB debugging enabled, OEM Unlocking enabled,etc).

Please I need your help, My device is ZTE AXON 7S (newer version of AXON 7).

Thank you so much.

Linux User
    Participant

Can i follow this to unlock bootloader of my nokia 7 plus? Im afraid that my phone might bootloop after doing this. TIA!

Linux User
    Participant

Am getting a problem, when i enter the command fastboot oem unlock then my pc command box shows waiting for device, meanwhile device is already connected to pc via USB
    how to resolve this?

Linux User
    Participant

I guess the ADB & Fasboot Drivers are not installed for your Device on the PC. For any Android Device the USB drivers and the ADB & Fastboot drivers are different.

Can you tell me which Device you were trying with??? Then I can search the fastboot drivers for you.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello? I followed the steps to unlock bootloader on Wileyfox Swift,but surprisingly,I managed to unlock it yet I didn’t lose any data in my phone. Is that possible?
    When I try to repeat the process,cmd tells me Device already unlocked. But going ahead to install TWRP has become hard for me. I adb and fastboot installed,USB drivers for wileyfox,and required twrp .img file. So,I was wondering,which cmd do I use,I have the original windows one,and the adb and fastboot one.
    Please help,thanks.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello,
    I see that for my Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, which should be a “Xiaomi (Newer Devices)”, the unlock bootloader guide is un-supported.
    Is there an alternative ?
    :roll: :mrgreen:

Linux User
    Participant

Cannot find for Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

183 thoughts on “How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Android Phone – Using Fastboot”