Tagged: 12MP, Arnova8G2, Exynos 9810, IDan, IMX345, S5L2L3, Samsung, Snapdragon 845, xtrme
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 5 months ago by Siba.
October 11, 2019 at 1:51 PM #99660SibaKeymaster
The Pixel camera or well known as GCam for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus is now available to download which are brought to you by BSG, Arnova8G2, Zoran. The compatible google camera ports are for Snapdragon and Exynos variants which are separately mentioned.
This GCam APK was never primarily built for these phone, hence it is possible that all of the camera features might not be working well. Having said that, never mind to try other Google Camera APK port from this huge list, if few features do not work on these builds added here!
Status of this Galaxy S9 Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Aperture switching for main camera (settings > Samsung CameraAPI2 > toggle Switch to 2.4f aperture)
– Top Shot Mode: Now works with Google Photos
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Multi-mode video stabilization
– Portrait mode
– Wide angle camera (hold the toggle camera button to switch between wide and regular rear cameras, press to switch between rear camera and front camera)
– Works without Google servicesKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam APK for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus?
Below are the compatible GCam for both the Exynos and the Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S9 / S9+
GCam for Galaxy S9 and S9+ Snapdragon:
GCam 8.1 Download
GCam 7.4 Download
GCam 7.4 for Galaxy S9+ comes with the NZ-Arnova-7.4.104_200706.1149-.xml config file.
GCam 6.1 Download 1 (with Night Sight)
GCam 6.1 Download 2 (another build with Night Sight)
GCam Download For Galaxy S9 / S9+ Exynos:
Below are available compatible GCam APK downloads for both the Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9+ phones:
GCam 8.1 Download (with Night Sight and Astrophotograhy mode)
GCam 7.4 Download (with Night Sight and Astrophotograhy mode)
Google Camera 5.1.018 for Galaxy S9 (for Android Pie and without Night Sight)
Google Camera 5.1.018 for Galaxy S9 (Android Oreo and without Night Sight)
For Galaxy S9 SnapDragon:
Select the latest GCam 7.4 build and the NZ-Arnova-7.4.104_200706.1149-.xml
GCam for Galaxy S9 Snapdragon Android Pie:
Google Camera 6.2.024 for Galaxy S9
GCam for Galaxy S9 Snapdragon Android Oreo:
Google Camera 6.1.021 for Galaxy S9 (with Night Sight)
Google Camera 6.1.021 for Galaxy S9 (another build with Night Sight)
How to Install GCam APK on Galaxy S9 and S9+?
- Download a compatible GCam apk from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus.
How to enable Night and Dark mode on IDan’s GCam 4.7 for Galaxy S9 / S9+ Exynos?
To enable Night mode and Super Night (Dark) mode on IDan’s GCam, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Disable Reduce contrast if it is enabled.
- Scroll down little more and go to Portrait, Lens Blur and other settings > Lens Blur mode megapixels > Set as 12.6 MP
- Then go to Fast config. toogles > enable the Enable Night settings toggle by Egoist, enable the Enable Super Night (Dark) settings toggle by Egoist and enable the Enable Default config. toggle
Default settings to set for Galaxy S9 / Plus Google Camera 6.2.024 APK:
Enable or set the following settings to get maximum out of the app:
- Sensor: RAW_SENSOR Viewfinder: YVU_420_888
- Base Config: Pixel2018 ZSL HDR+
- Back camera: Pixel XL(for better nightshots) or Pixel 3 XL
- Front camera: Pixel XL
Images captured on Galaxy S9 / Plus using the Google Camera
The above images are taken from following users (from Reddit and Imgur):
The above images are taken from following users (from Reddit):
Thing_On_Your_ShelfIt is possible that this is not the only Google camera mod that works on Galaxy S9. There could be other GCam mods out there that may just work fine on the phone.
That’s all for the Galaxy S9 / S9+ Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for these phones.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.Visit the following link to get other updates for Galaxy S9 on Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.